Data Backup and Recovery

How to Schedule Cascading Replication Jobs in Cdot

TMADOCTHOMAS

I am taking a set of snapmirror destination volumes and creating additional replication jobs to a third system. Is there an easy way to have these additional jobs kick off automatically when the initial jobs complete each night, or do they have to be scheduled separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheshanka

As I understand you already have a SnapMirror replication configured from Cluster A to Cluster B, you now wish to configure an additional chain for the existing replication (aka cascade replication) to a third cluster (Cluster-C).

Once the new chain has been initialized you will have to setup schedules in order to copy the data across each of the links of the cascade at a defined frequency and interval of your choice.

Short answer is yes they have to be configured seperately.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sheshanka

As I understand you already have a SnapMirror replication configured from Cluster A to Cluster B, you now wish to configure an additional chain for the existing replication (aka cascade replication) to a third cluster (Cluster-C).

Once the new chain has been initialized you will have to setup schedules in order to copy the data across each of the links of the cascade at a defined frequency and interval of your choice.

Short answer is yes they have to be configured seperately.

Thanks

View solution in original post

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @Sheshanka ! That's how we ended up setting things up but just wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public