Data Backup and Recovery

How to create lun uising snapdrive for windows?

KHYOON123

I installed snapdrive for windows yesterday.

The Server installed feature about Hyper-V.

I tried to create lun then snapdrive said below messge.

I saw all the manuals, and gooled all day. but I coundnt find solutions.

Please help me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmauro

You may want to look at the snapdrvdbg.log in the snapdrive installation directory. you will find a link to a kb which explains how to tackle this kind of problems.

In your case, you do need to have DNS properly configured for both the source and destination vserver name corresponding to their respective manaement lif and additionally, you need a block connection from the server where snapdrive is installed to the destination vserver.

hope that helps,

Domenico Di Mauro.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dmauro

You may want to look at the snapdrvdbg.log in the snapdrive installation directory. you will find a link to a kb which explains how to tackle this kind of problems.

In your case, you do need to have DNS properly configured for both the source and destination vserver name corresponding to their respective manaement lif and additionally, you need a block connection from the server where snapdrive is installed to the destination vserver.

hope that helps,

Domenico Di Mauro.

KHYOON123

Thank you

You Rock!!

hariprak

Hi,

Rules for creating LUNs

To avoid problems creating LUNs when using SnapDrive, you must keep some rules in mind.

1. Create LUN names using US-ASCII characters only, even when you are using non-ASCII operating systems.
2. If you are adding the CSV LUN to a Windows Server 2008 or 2012 cluster, make sure to create
the CSV LUN on the node that owns the cluster group in which you are creating a new physical
disk resource.

Note:

1. Shared disks on Windows Server 2008 and 2012 cluster nodes that do not own the disks
    often display as offline in the MMC Disk Management utility; however, the disks continue
    to function normally on all nodes in the cluster.
2. Use the LUN path instead of the UNC path to create a LUN.

When you use the UNC path, disk creation fails with the error A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Refer below document, page no-42

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1189419

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

KHYOON123

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Public