The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

Licence needed?

MichaelA

"Have multiple Windows servers using ISCSI  to my main filer, FAS3240. I would like to map a drive to another filer, a fas 2040, in a different location, so i can migrate data between the two.  Problem is it tells me i do not have a licence to so.

I receive the error with create disk wizard,  "the requested opeation is not pemitted since this functionality is not licenced"

Trying to establish a session gives me "the lun provisioning and snapshot management snapdrive module licence required for the requested operation is not present"

Why would i need a licence if i can already map to one filer?

Ontap 7 mode, 8.1.4P9 wih snapdive 6.3.1.4912

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelA

Found that there was already 2 severs maintaining a connection to the 2040. Checked one of them and found a licence key that woked for the server i was tesing wih, no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

James_Castro

Sounds like your 2040 does not have a license for SnapDrive.  If you installed SnapDrive using the "per Filer" license base then it looks for the license on the filer.  Run "license" on the 2040 and verify a license is present on the system.

MichaelA

Found that there was already 2 severs maintaining a connection to the 2040. Checked one of them and found a licence key that woked for the server i was tesing wih, no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public