Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Data Backup and Recovery

NDMP backup fails for .snapshot

hend_bs

Hello,

an NDMP backup keeps on failing only for one path on our NAS appliance with following log:

42952:nsrndmp_save: nasbra01:/nastun/S_AT_TUN/.snapshot NDMP save running on 'server'

84118:nsrndmp_save: Failed to propagate handle 0000000000000000 to E:\Legato\nsr\bin\nsrndmp_2fh.exe child process: The handle is invalid. (Win32 error 0x6)

84118:nsrndmp_save: Failed to propagate handle 0000000000000000 to E:\Legato\nsr\bin\nsrndmp_2fh.exe child process: The handle is invalid. (Win32 error 0x6)

accept connection: accepted a connection

42958:nsrdsa_save: Performing Immediate save

42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: Session identifier for Backup : 91416

42923:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Error: DUMP: path /vol/S_AT_TUN(1)/.snapshot must refer to a specific snapshot name in ".snapshot".

42923:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Error: DUMP: Dump failed to initialize.

42923:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Error: DUMP: DUMP IS ABORTED

42923:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Error: DATA: Operation terminated: EVENT: INTERNAL ERROR (for /nastun/S_AT_TUN/.snapshot)

I didn't find such an error mentioned before in the knwledge data base, can any one help me figure out the cause and if possible a solution ?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

kada
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public