Data Backup and Recovery

PowerShell Command to Edit Resource Group in SnapCenter

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hello,

I have 59 Resource Groups and need to change the email notification settings on all of them (specifically the EmailTo field). I am looking in PowerShell and found the commands Set-SmProtectResource and Set-SmResourceGroup, but neither command (from what I can tell) lets you edit the EmailTo field, which is the one I need to change on all 59 groups. Obviously I'm changing the global setting too, but (if I understand correctly) that only affects the next resource groups I create.

Am I missing something in these two commands that would allow me to do what I need to do? Would love any tips or suggestions! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

You should be able to perform the task using the command  Set-SmProtectResource and Set-SmResourceGroup by using the -EnableEmail parameter ( no value need to be added; you will be prompted to enter the settings once you hit Enter).

Below is an example of what to expect when running the command:

PS C:\Users\Administrator.DEMO> Set-SmResourceGroup -ResourceGroupName <> -PluginCode <> -Resources @{"Host"="SQLQA.demo.netapp.com";"Type"="SQL Database";"Names"="<>"} -EnableEmail

cmdlet Set-SmResourceGroup at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
(Type !? for Help.)
EmailFrom:
EmailTo:
EmailSubject:

Not sure which Snapcenter version you have but below is the powershell reference guide, or you can use the help command:

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2857409

To see the examples, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -examples".
For more information, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -detailed".
For technical information, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -full".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

You should be able to perform the task using the command  Set-SmProtectResource and Set-SmResourceGroup by using the -EnableEmail parameter ( no value need to be added; you will be prompted to enter the settings once you hit Enter).

Below is an example of what to expect when running the command:

PS C:\Users\Administrator.DEMO> Set-SmResourceGroup -ResourceGroupName <> -PluginCode <> -Resources @{"Host"="SQLQA.demo.netapp.com";"Type"="SQL Database";"Names"="<>"} -EnableEmail

cmdlet Set-SmResourceGroup at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
(Type !? for Help.)
EmailFrom:
EmailTo:
EmailSubject:

Not sure which Snapcenter version you have but below is the powershell reference guide, or you can use the help command:

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2857409

To see the examples, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -examples".
For more information, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -detailed".
For technical information, type: "get-help Set-SmResourceGroup -full".

View solution in original post

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you @hmoubara ! I was actually given some mySQL commands that did the trick, but this is more straightforward. I did not realize it would prompt for settings. Thanks again!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public