Data Backup and Recovery

SC 3.4.0 agent not reachable remotely Windows Server 2008 R2

awells

Hello.  I am looking for assistance again.  I am working with SC 3.4.0 (64-bit) agent on Windows Server 2008 R2 which has been installed with the default port of 9090. This can be successfully accessed via telnet (both IP address and hostname) on the host that the agent has been installed.  However, it cannot be accessed from another host which has the SC server installed. I have confirmed there is no firewall in place between these servers nor is there a firewall running locally.  I have not found suggestions in the NetApp Snap Creator Framework 3.4.0 Installation and Administration Guide document suggesting that any modifications are needed.  There was another thread that asked about this <http://communities.netapp.com/thread/15913?tstart=0>.

Is there a configuration file that needs to be modified to provide access (e.g. scAgent3.4.0\config\agent.conf)? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

awells

Strangely enough after waiting a bit - it is now working.  Please ignore my request for help.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

awells

Strangely enough after waiting a bit - it is now working.  Please ignore my request for help.  Thank you.

ktenzer

Good news

Just for info config/agent.conf is for allowing commands to run so any parameter in scServer config with a CMD must be allowed. A common obe is snapdrive.

And example for windows snapdrive

command: sdcli.exe

The agent does take a few seconds to start after service starts

Also if you need to troubleshoot agent best thing is running it manually in debug mode

ie: snapcreator.exe --start-agent <port> --verbose --debug

Let us know if you need anymore help

Keith

awells

Thank you Keith (again) for your quick reply.

Public