Data Backup and Recovery

[SC MOUNT] How to get the snapshot name selected in GUI?

mg
NetApp

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to have a Domino admin being able to mount/unmount a backup created by SC. Mount command allows browsing and selecting a snapshot, but SC will only perform the cloning operation bqsed on that snapshot and not the actual mount. What I would like to do is to use MOUNT_CMD01 and UMOUNT_CMD01 fields and specify a sdcli command, for example:

MOUNT_CMD01="C:\Program Files\Netapp\SnapDrive\SDCLI.exe" snap mount -s <snapshot name choosen in GUI> -k M -d R

UMOUNT_CMD01="C:\Program Files\Netapp\SnapDrive\SDCLI.exe" snap unmount -d R

Unfortunately, I can't find the proper variable (if any) corresponding to the snapshot name choosen in GUI. Cloning operation performed during mount process gets the right value. If using %SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE_%SNAP_TIME, %SNAP_TIME matches the time SC job was started.

Any idea please?

Also, if doing mount/unmount, is it possible to bypass cloning process, as sdcli takes care of it?

Thanks,

Michel

2 REPLIES 2

ktenzer

I think only thing you can do is select USER_DEFINED in GUI and set it to snapshot name

USER_DEFINED=<snapshot name>

Depending on GUI version there is field when you do action called USER DEFINED or there is parameters input box where you can add USER_DEFINED=<snapshot>

Then in config file:

MOUNT_CMD01="C:\Program Files\Netapp\SnapDrive\SDCLI.exe" snap mount -s %USER_DEFINED -k M -d R

In future we plan on making this easier but you should be able to do it with USER_DEFINED

Let us know

Keith

sivar

Test

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public