Data Backup and Recovery

SMO not working

saranraj456

Hi All,

Can anyone please provide me the basic troubleshoting steps for SMO ?

We are using the SMO application on Solaris servers,They have done patching on host side.From that SMO backup is not working ,please someone provide me the steps need to check for this issue

I suspect any of the services might me disabled,clarify me on this regard.

Cheers,

Saran

5 REPLIES 5

3GISSMORACLE

Hi Saran,

Could you please post the log file after running 'backup' operation. ?

Regards/Tien

saranraj456

Hi,

I am not able to view the repository of the database in the SMO GUI getting a note in the bottom of the window "unable to access a repository".I was new to SMO and i didn't how to check the logs .Can you please provide me the basic trouble shooting steps i have to follow ? I was suspecting there was no contact between oracle and SMO .Please shed some light on it.

Cheers,

Saran

3GISSMORACLE

Hi Saran,

-Try to log on a windows server 2003 .

-Open IExplorer ( 6 or 8 )

-Default port for Web GUI : 27214

https:// hostname (server name in which SMO software is installed ):27214.

For mer info , read Administration and Guide

Hope this help

Regards/Tien

saranraj456

Hi Tien,

Thanks for your answer!

The issue got resolved now.The problem is in oracle user been locked state after unlocking it was working.

Cheers,

Saran

simon_campbell

Hi All,

We have also seen these problems in the past when Oracle accounts become locked or expire,

The default log location for Linux is: '/opt/NetApp/smo/log' I believe it is the same for Solaris.

If you are able to connect to your repository you can open your Database profile right click on the backup job > select properties > select the logs tab and view the job logs that way.

regards,

Simon

Public