Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL 6.0 issue: could not run configuration wizard and report "Failed to get mount point settings"

chao

Hi Gurus

IHAC met a strange SMSQL (version 6.0) issues.  several day ago, SMSQL backup is failed and report.

[14:09:22.797]  [DC01-SQL-01] Querying database disk volume configuration...

[14:09:22.797]  [DC01-SQL-01] Getting SnapInfo directories configuration...

[14:09:22.797]  [DC01-SQL-01] Error Code: 0x80070002 系统找不到指定的文件。

[14:09:22.797]  [DC01-SQL-01] Failed to get volume mount point from file path. Using default drive...

After checking, it seems snapinfo LUN drive letter was changed. (not sure the reason).

I want to run configuration wizard and point the snapinfo to new snapinfo path but I was stopped in the beginning because it report "Failed to get mount point settings". 

How to fix that?  I already test SDW and it works.  I restarted SDW, SMSQL service but useless.  your advices are appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

chao

I fixed that by change the drive letter from windows cluster management.  I wonder what should I do in below scenario.

for example, if snapinfo lun is destroyed, I have to manually re-create snapinfo LUN and reconfigure SMSQL by configuration wizard.  is it still report "Failed to get mount point settings"

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public