Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL post-command

Henke

Hello,

I am running a post-command after a backup successfull when the backup is successfull.

But when the backup is failing, like if I try to do a transactional log backup on a simple database, the post-command script is not executed. Is there a way of having the post-command script run each time no matter what the backup result is?

3 REPLIES 3

Sahana

Hi,

Refer to Setting post-command or script defaults in the link https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1217281/html/GUID-DD4629E4-AC0B-4213-B33D-D786EBBC2056.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Henke

Thank you Sahana,

I did use that information enabling the scrpt.

But I did get the following error when there was a error with the backup.

"[06:36:22.111]  [EDS-TESTING1] The SnapManager operation failed with the error: C00408D3.
[06:36:22.111]  [EDS-TESTING1] Post-command processing will not be attempted when operation fails.

"

Maybe it's by design that it's not running.

BR

Henke

Sahana

Hi,

Refer to a similar discussion on that error: http://community.netapp.com/t5/Data-ONTAP-Discussions/SnapManager-for-SQL-fails-to-mount-SnapShot/td-p/27062

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public