I have some questions and doubts about sql repository
- installation guide and IMT lists this supported SQL Server versions: SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2012 SP2... but only this specific versions are supported or SQL Server 2014 and above or SQL Server 2012 SP2 and above ? example SQL Server 2014 SP1 or SQL Server 2012 SP3
- the embedded installation of SQL 2012 Express is not suggested for production environment but is supported by Netapp?
- why the embedded installation of SQL 2012 Express shows this version 11.0.2100.60? this is SQL 2012 RTM !
- if I install SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition or SQL Server 2012 SP2 Standard Edition with the SnapCenter Server on the same host is it possible to protect the repository with the "Protect-SmRepository" command? it seems to not be possible because the command try to connect to host plug-in and the result is "Unable to find any plugins on host"
- if I don't use the "Protect-SmRepository" command can I protect the repository db with a standard SQL Maintenance Plan? is this method supported?
SQL Server 2014 and above or SQL Server 2012 SP2 and above is supported on Snapcenter for protecting your repository. sorry if the IMT was confusing.
Also, Protect-SmRepository can be used to protect your repository even if the server and plugin are on the same machine. The error you are seeing should be for some other issue and not because server and plugin are installed on the same machine.