Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter 4.1.1 Resource Group List EMpty

MBHIMJI407

Hi All.

Have an issue with SnapCenter 4.1.1 on vSphere 6.7. The User ID that was used to tie in SnapCenter and VSC to vSphere had the Password expire. It was noticed after 3 days. I got the Password re-enabled, and VSC is working OK. SnapCenter has an issue where the Resource Group list is now empty. If I try recreate the Resource Group using the same name it is telling me that the Resource Group with that name already exists. Does anyone know how to get the Resource Group List to re-populate.

I have rebooted both the VCSA and Snap Center server.

Thanks

Mahmood

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MBHIMJI407

OK I got it fixed.

So the SC Server was a standalone server. It had at one point been joined to the domain. and this caused the problem. I dis-joined the server from the Domain and this fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pranjith

Did you update the Vcenter server password in the Snapcenter Host ->Update Vcenter server details ,after password changes?

MBHIMJI407

Hi I was able to get the password back to what it was so did not need to update the password. The backup job still runs, but I do not see the Resource Group in the list.

If I try to recreate the Resource Group with the same name it warns me that a resource Group with this name already exisits even though the list is empty.

MBHIMJI407

I tried to Update the vCenter Server Password in SnapCenter Under Hosts.

Firstly the vCenter Server is not showing up. When I go to Update the Password it says  the following error

pranjith

Please try below steps:

Option1:

VCenter Webclient-> Snapcenter plugin page->Settings page-> Update Snapcenter server

Option2:

https://<SCV HOST IP>:8144/register.html

please provide VC and credentials.

regards,

Ranjith

MBHIMJI407

OK I got it fixed.

So the SC Server was a standalone server. It had at one point been joined to the domain. and this caused the problem. I dis-joined the server from the Domain and this fixed the issue.

Public