Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter Powershell Help

NEPLUSULTRA

Hello

1. In snapdrive i can use the command "sdcli snap create" and "sdcli snapshot rename" is there a similar options with snapcenter?

2. Snapcenter - is this powershell only?

3. If i want to run snapcenter powershell do i always have to open a connection to the snapcenter server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mrahul

No, Resources protected by SnapCenter and backups taken by it will only be available for management in GUI.

SnapCenter backups should be taken via SnapCenter PS cmdlets. Ex: New-smBackup. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mrahul

Get-module SnapDrive should give you the list of  PS cmds you can use. Run it on the host where you have installed SCW plugin service.

SnapCenter supports three interface - UI, PowerShell and REST APIs. For PS cmdlet, you need to connect to SC server via open-smconnection cmdlet.

NEPLUSULTRA

Don't suppose you know if using new-sdsnapshot to take a manual snapshot - does this snapshot appear in snapcenter?

mrahul

No, Resources protected by SnapCenter and backups taken by it will only be available for management in GUI.

SnapCenter backups should be taken via SnapCenter PS cmdlets. Ex: New-smBackup. 

NEPLUSULTRA

Thanks, seems we have to make a lot of adjustment from snapdrive/sme/smsql

Pat_Parent

From what i see so far, PS is what snapcenter use....

Look for the following PS command

New-SmBackup, New-SdSnapshot

New-SmMountBackup, New-SmUnmountBackup

mount-SdSnapshot, Dismount-SdSnapshot

Look for SnapCenter 4.4 ,Cmdlet Reference Guide For Windows

Public