Data Backup and Recovery

SnapDrive for Windows - LUN SCSI infos

mheimberg

SnapDrive for Windows shows in the details of a LUN the SCSI properties HBA, Bus, Target and LUN-ID in the form LUN[1:0:0:2] or on sdcli output like this:

LUN Path: filer1:/vol/iscsi_server_db/db1/server_e.lun

Storage System:         filer

Storage System Path:    filer:/vol/iscsi_server_db/db1/server_e.lun
        Type:                   lun
        Disk serial number:     W-XMdo/JxFo2
        Backed by Snapshot Copy:
        Shared:                 No
        BootOrSystem Disk:      No
        SCSI port:              1
        Bus:                    0
        Target:                 0
        LUN:                    2
        Readonly:               No

Mount points:           E:\

IHAC running a Windows 2003 cluster where I got on Node1 the info LUN[3,0,2,0] and on the other Node2 LUN[3,0,3,0]

I never took care of this info, but since we have now a problem on the cluster I am wondering whether or not both nodes should show the same target-id, that is on both either LUN[3,0,2,0] or LUN[3,0,3,0]?

thx

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

watan

I don't think you need to be concerned with that as long as the mountpoints or drive letters match up.  Each node in the cluster could have different volume/lun settings so you may see a difference.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

watan

I don't think you need to be concerned with that as long as the mountpoints or drive letters match up.  Each node in the cluster could have different volume/lun settings so you may see a difference.

View solution in original post

mheimberg

thanks for the input.

BTW: do you have a good explanation for "Target-ID" (the 3rd number)? HBA, Channel and LUN-ID are quite obvious and easy to explain/imagine...but the target? Even after reading through the SCSI references and explanations I am not sure about it....

Mark

watan

Hi Mark,

I believe this is the the target port of the storage array.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public