Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for Exchange SnapVaults

Rapp

Can anyone please help me with gettting snapvaults working with SnapManager for Exchange. No matter what I do the option to vault to secondary storage is greyed out or skipped over using the wizard. See attached image

I have run through the options listed in the following article https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1071157 given to me by NetApp support who have been useless on this and I only get a single email a day on it from them at most, but that is for another day.

I have deleted and recreated the snapvault destination volumes along with the vault policy see attached. If I select the backup verification settings > verification on destination volumes I can see the snapvault volumes listed in there.

What am I missing? This hasn't work since migrating the servers from 7-mode to CDOT where the vaulting work perfectly.

2 REPLIES 2

kiyomits

Hi

you can add secondary destination storage SVM information on snapdrive.

Rapp

Yes I have added both the primary SVM where the server & DB's are located along with the backup destination SVM under the transport protocol settings within SnapDrive.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public