Data Backup and Recovery

SnapMirror or SnapVault between Primary and Primary is possible on Snap Protect ?

jsierz

Hi all,

We are running SnapProtect 10 R2 Sp7 with Ontap 7-Mode on a HA configuration.

All our Mirrors and Vaults are against Secondaries Filers, but wondering if possible to setup an Auxiliar Copy (New SnapShot Copy) and create a Mirror or Vault (primary snap as source) on the other head for a HA configuration. Both filers are setup as "primary" on Snap Protec therefore my question.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jsierz

Thanks Rottmann,

It was to have an extra copy of critical volumes for a filer move to different location. In our configuration on the HA pair, one head control SAS drives and the other SATA. So there are different physical shelves, so if the SAS shelf is damage on the moving, the volume is on the SATA disks.

We already are doing snap Vault to a 3rd filer so that was enough for us, so I did not have to setup any mirror

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rottmann

Hi,

Yes you can, simply select the corresponding resource pool for SnapMirror or SnapVault destination. It is not necesary to unselect the "Primary" label on controllers in Array Management. Also you can create SnapVaults to the same controller but different aggregates. 

But why do you want a SnapMirror in the same HA Pair?

Regards

jsierz

Thanks Rottmann,

It was to have an extra copy of critical volumes for a filer move to different location. In our configuration on the HA pair, one head control SAS drives and the other SATA. So there are different physical shelves, so if the SAS shelf is damage on the moving, the volume is on the SATA disks.

We already are doing snap Vault to a 3rd filer so that was enough for us, so I did not have to setup any mirror

Cheers

Public