Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcenter 3.0 license

Chiatan

Hello All,

How could we get 90 day trial license for snapcenter 3.0 ?

From install doc:

The SnapCenter Standard Capacity license is available as a 90 day trial license with 100 TB capacity entitlement.

Thanks

Chaitan

7 REPLIES 7

Ebin_SME_ORACLE

Hello Chaitan,

If you are a customer or partner, Please reach out to your account/NetApp sales rep to get access to the trial license.  

Regards,

Ebin

spinks

Hi,

You will need to work with your account team to acquire a license for SnapCenter.

They will need to order a $0 trial license.  

As a reminder, the SnapCenter Standard capacity based license is only needed for ONTAP Cloud and ONTAP Select systems.

If you as using a FAS or AFF then you need a different license - The SnapManagerSuite trial license.

If you are already using a SnapManager product that is licenses at the controller (not the host) level, which uses the SnapManagerSuite license, then you already fully licensed for SnapCenter Standard on FAS and AFF platforms.  

Hope this helps,

John

JohnJRussell

I too am having a license problem with 3.0.  I am trying to add a new OnTap Cluster to the storage systems, I fill out the form and receive the message illustrated below.  Our clusters are licensed with the premium bundle, and the documentation states no license should be required in this scenario.SCMessage.PNG

spinks

Hi,

What are you trying to protect?

If you are trying to protect enterprise apps like SQL or Oracle, or VMware, then the SnapCenter Standard license is applied at the controller level using the SnapManagerSuite license.

In this scenario you need to add the SVM and not the cluster into SnapCenter.

The cluster context is ONLY used for the Advanced use cases. This is currently limited to the NAS File Services capability. 

In this case there is some advacned automation that requires the cluster context and only the cluster is used.

Hope this helps,

John

JohnJRussell

I was trying to follow the NAS documentation to further protect our NAS resources.

-John Russell

spinks

Ok - then you need to work with your account team to get access to a SnapCenter Advanced license.

This license is based on capacity consumed and is not included as part of the premium bundle.

There is a trial license available.

John

Chiatan

Thanks

Public