Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcreator reporting

kevinp

Hi All,

I was wondering what folks out there were doing for reporting on many Snapcreator jobs. A potential customer is hoping to get a periodic email sent with a list of their DB's that have success on snapshots, etc.

I was thinking something that would parse the /logs directory (UNIX environment), looking for success/failures. There will be many different profiles to parse.

I figured someone out there has done this before so before I reinvent the wheel...

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

michaeldparker

I integrate my snapcreator backups with OnCommand so that I have a centralized view. OnCommand has some Powershell commands that you should be able to use to do some reporting I believe. Since I know the vault relationships won't update if SC failed, I just go the lazy way and merely look in Oncommand once a day for relationships with lag errors.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone

kevinp

Thank you Michael. What my customer is looking for is a ways to report each job success/fail, hopefully in either an email sent or a reports page. I don't see this as being possible yet via OnCommand, unless you have other experience? Some of the jobs will be simple snapshots taken via SC, and not necessarily have snapmirror/vault relationships updated.

Thank you for your help.

michaeldparker

If they want a consolidated email with all the SC backups, yes, you’ll need to script that … but if they just want an email from each server saying yes I backed up or I failed, that is possible with OnCommand and no scripts. I receive an email from each of my SC backups every day. The email either reports the job was successful or it failed. This option “OM_EVENT_GENERATE=Y” set to Y and a minor change in OnCommand allows for the email to be sent every day.

Hope this help you.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public