Data Backup and Recovery

Snapdrive 7.1.3P3 Install error

Jan_Renz

Hi guys,

when I try to install Snapdrive 7.1.3P3 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 I am getting an error: InstallShield DLL Custom Action.

Please see attached screenshot.

Do you have an idea what I can do?

I didn't reboot the server yet.

BR
Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Renz

Hi guys,

I logged into the server as administrator, then I retried the installation and it worked fine.

Maybe there is something wrong with my AD-account although it is a member of the local administrator group.

Many thanks to matte.

BR
Jan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

matte

Hi

Unfortunately the screenshot does not help to solve the problem.

with this type of issue i would suggest to:

- check if all the prerequisites are met

- if you have an antivirus engine try to disable it during the installation

- from the screenshot seems that the installation procedure calls the installshield that is not able to perform some customer action. Perhaps a tird party software prevent tha access to the temp folder ( %temp%) on the windows host. Please check fi there is some software (monitoring software or similar..) up and running on the machine

- If you can, please share the msi installation log (available in the  %temp% folder ) and the snapdrive installation logs

maybe in that way we will be able to see in which phase the installation fails

Jan_Renz

Hi guys,

I logged into the server as administrator, then I retried the installation and it worked fine.

Maybe there is something wrong with my AD-account although it is a member of the local administrator group.

Many thanks to matte.

BR
Jan

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public