Data Backup and Recovery

Snapdrive report error when backup with SMO

katalinali

Hi guys,

I get errors as:

(1)

--[ERROR] SMO-13032: Cannot perform operation: Backup Create. Root cause: SMO-11007: Error cloning from Snapshot copy: FLOW-11019: Failure in ExecuteConnectionSteps: SD-00027: Error connecting filesystem(s) [/opt/oracle/oradata/netorca/db] from snapshot smo_netorca01_netorca_f_h_1_ff8080814c5fa8f2014c5fa8f7f00001_0: SD-10016: Error executing snapdrive command "/usr/sbin/snapdrive snap connect -fs /opt/oracle/oradata/netorca/db /opt/NetApp/smo/mnt/-opt-oracle-oradata-netorca-db-20150328171512303_0 -snapname kat_svm:/vol/vol_netorca_db:smo_netorca01_netorca_f_h_1_ff8080814c5fa8f2014c5fa8f7f00001_0 -autorename -noreserve -prefixfv SnapManager_20150328171512324":
connecting netorcadbvg:
LUN copy lun_netorca_db_0 ... create failed
0003-358 Admin error: Failed to clone LUN lun_netorca_db_0 on storage system kat_svm : Clone operation failed to start: Requested space exceeds that reserved by the token.

=================================

The lun size is 5G with free space over 3G and the volume size is 25G with snapshot reserve 0 and I have prepared up 100 lun ID on host side:

dg: netorcadbvg dgtype lvm
hostvol: /dev/mapper/netorcadbvg-lvol state: AVAIL
fs: /dev/mapper/netorcadbvg-lvol mount point: /opt/oracle/oradata/netorca/db (persistent) fstype ext3

device filename adapter path size proto state clone lun path backing snapshot
---------------- ------- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- -------- ----------------
/dev/mapper/3600a0980506570566a2b46715035694f - P 4.8g fcp online No kat_svm:/vol/vol_netorca_db/lun_netorca_db -

=================================

(2)

I choose to use RMAN with control file but I still get following warning and I have check with RMAN. There is not backup list in RMAN right now

--[ WARN] ORACLE-00105: Failed to uncatalog /opt/oracle/oradata/netorca/ctl/SMOBakCtl_1427536338545_1 from RMAN.  Most likely the file has already been uncatalogued manually or by another process, but it may need to be manually removed.

I have no idea how do the errors happen. Can someone give me some advices

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

falits

i had the same problem after migrating from 7 Mode to 8.3. Try to change the san-clone-methode in snapdrive.conf from lunclone to unrestricted

san-clone-method="unrestricted" 

this worked for me

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

falits

i had the same problem after migrating from 7 Mode to 8.3. Try to change the san-clone-methode in snapdrive.conf from lunclone to unrestricted

san-clone-method="unrestricted" 

this worked for me

View solution in original post

katalinali

Hi 

It works! Thanks very much.

deepuj

Hi,

Hope flexclone is licensed?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

katalinali

Yes, I can create snapshot and flex clone on the storage successfully

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public