The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Data Backup and Recovery

can't import existing QSM relationships into protection manager 4.0.2

jcosta

trying to import existing SM/SV relationships into an existing smsap dataset, the policy is set to BACKUP and Mirror (not chained).

All sources and destinations are set on qtrees, I was able to import  the QSV relationships into the dataset but when I try to import the "Mirrors" - the qsm - Protection Manager won't allow me to select them into the dataset.

I've read on the release notes that is not possible to import a Volume Snapmirror and a qtree snapmirror relationship into the same dataset if both sources are in the same volume, however this is not the case here as both sources are on qtrees.

Screenshots attached:

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

mschloss

HI Jorge,

mirror is only VSM. qsm is also a backup relationship.

So your policy must be backup and backup (if available) regardless of using sv or qsm.

Ciao

Michael

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public