Data Backup and Recovery

how remove snapshoots from vault and then policy

GREGD

Snapcenter 4.1 , im new in snapcenter, we create at the begining a few policy after 5 days we change our backup strategy and create a new policies. Now we cannot delete the policies because there should be a backup attached. But i know that that retention should be over .

policy1.JPG

i check the databases where this poliy was attached .  I remove manually the snapshoot which was attached to local copies and allso make check thaz al backups should be deleted.

but when i check the database.

i get this. under mirror the snapshoots are deleted. you see  mirror there should be 32 copies but graphich shows 36 date is 25.9.2018

policy 3 mirror.JPG

under vault i see that there are 36 copies snapshoots

policy4 vault.JPGyou see there are also 21-24.9.2018.

so how can i delete this snapshoots that mirror and vault be the same? I dont remember that i should make a seperate retention policy of vault.  So how to delete it or synchronize it.

Should i do it direct on netapp? Or how can i resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

stanton

You can see the retention on the ONTAP cluster.  Use the command:

snapmirror policy show -policy <Policy name> -instance

See the Data Protection Power Guide for more information on the command.

GREGD

Its strange , now when i check today the database in snapcenter. the number under mirror and vault are correct and older snapshoots where removed.

I only get the first error that i cannot remove policy.

but i will check it with your commands.

GREGD

Now i check with powershell where which policy is added  . and resoult the policy is not added.

But i cannt  still not remove it. 

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1081035/~/when-attempting-to-delete-a-policy-in-snapcenter%2C-the-deletion-fails-stating

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public