Data Backup and Recovery

reversed Snapmirror relationship (Restore processing)

takeyoshi

With Clustered DATA ONTAP, is it impossible to construct a reversed Snapmirror relationship (Restore processing) after deleting Snapmirror relation?

* I can not find a way to change Vol Type from RW to DP

* Reverse SM command can not be found in the beginning etc. etc ...

I guess that there are various obstacles and it is not feasible.

If you want to restore DestinationVol, is it necessary to create a new SM relationship after creating a new Vol on the Source side?

4 REPLIES 4

christsai

You can't restore the snapmirror relationship after delete, but you can create a new snapmirror relationship from DR site to Source site, and reverse the snapmirror relationship after resync the snapmirror

GidonMarcus

Hi

You need to re-sync the relationship in the other direction (in 7-mode there used to be "vol restrict" command to change a vold to DP, it's not needed in Cdot):

SnapMirror resync   -source-path  DR_SVM:DR_VOL -destination-path PROD_SVM:PROD_VOL

i suggest you do that right after breaking the relationship. to make sure nothing keep writing to Prod while the DR volume is writable (and leaves you with two datasets)

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

takeyoshi

I can not execute "Snapmirror resync", but does it need to be executed from SVM, not from Cluster?

christsai

You can execute Snapmirror resync from destination SVM or destination Cluster

http://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.pow-dap%2FGUID-5261FBA2-6A90-4F40-A9E3-C96A6B840D09.html

Public