Data Backup and Recovery

snapdrive license required at DR site?

nsitps1976

If snapdrive accesses a snapmirror destination filer to run a snapmirror update do I need a snapdrive license at the destination?

2 REPLIES 2

nsitps1976

I have tested with an eval and no it is not.

I am trying to setup snapdrive to talk to snapmirror destination filers for the purpose of executing snapmirror updates - When providing details of the destination filers via the Transport Protocol Setting page I receive the error "Failed to verify login credentials for the storage system. The requested operation is not permitted since this functionality is not licensed". I have tired both HTTP & HTTPS, not using RPC as the local creds are not the same as the destination. On the local site I am using filer based licensing....

nsitps1976

Ok, I added a snapdrive license once more to the destination filer - Removed the default transport protocol settings from within the snapdrive MMC - Added all filers individually within transport protocol settings and all works well now. So yes, you do need a snapdrive license at the destination for snapdrive to request a snapmirror update....

Not great!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public