EF/E-Series, SANtricity and Related Plug-ins

E-Series SANtricity Management Plug-ins for SANtricity Plug-in for VMware vCenter

yb_benjamin

Hello,

I'm going to implement a two controllers E2800 dedicated for VEEAM backup repository via ISCSI and i've a few questions :

- The plug-in for vCenter is stilll recommended ? Can't download anything from the support website. All articles / videos/ KB that i've found seems not recent at all

- Each controller are accessible from a web based interface which is santricity system manager, is there a way as ONTAP to manage it as a cluster ?

- If you have any best practices for VEEAM for backup repository ? DDP or volume group ? How many volumes per controller ?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

2 REPLIES 2

NetApp_AU

I found TR-4471 which discusses the best settings for Veeam and E-Series controllers including the E2800 controller.

Team NetApp

nboggs

I found this article online.  It is a blog post and seems to be relevant.

https://www.veeam.com/blog/tips-and-tricks-on-leveraging-netapp-e-series-arrays-in-veeam-availability-suite-designs.html

To answer the questions as best i can.

1.  I don't know if that is needed sorry.

2. E-series uses SANtricity not OnTap so no.

3. that sounds like a question best asked of VEEAM since they are the ones that would need things set up.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public