EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

E2600 Disaster Recovery

agapotron

We have a few E2600s that are now out of support. One of them seemed to have a controller failure recently, and somehow it got fully messed up in that the other controller got locked up, and the unit became unusable. Eventually we got the controller unlocked, but now that controller lost all the configuration and reports the unit as if it had never been configured. Wondering if there's a way to recover the configuration from the disks, before I completely give up and wipe away all the data. We could even move all the disks to a similar unit and try recovering there. But all my attempts have failed so far... Thanks for any pointers...

Jorge

29 REPLIES 29

agapotron

Oops, it seems like there's a word missing in your answer:

"I would the DBM zip file and the 2 serial numbers of controller A et Controller B to generate a validator key to be able to recover the system"

I would... what? Use? If so, how would you use it to generate a validator key? And, this can be done even if one of the controllers has failed?

rachid

Need the missing word was need haha 🙂

one of the controller is failed ? Are you talking about the controller showing Lt on the 7-seg display ?

agapotron

Yes, the one that has a blue and a yellow light on. And it won't boot. 

Anyway, how can I send you a PM?

rachid

and BTW is it a OEM e-series or a NetApp e-series?

Because I saw in a previous post when the nvsram was loading --> NOTE: unloading flash file: ECTGenOEM

agapotron

We have many of these units, which we have been buying since they were made by LSI (before they got acquired by NetApp). I guess this is one of the older units, so it is probably LSI. Does that change things? I have the Serial numbers and the zip file, not sure where to send it...

rachid

I sent you a private message 🙂

rachid

Hello Jorge,

I just tried to generate the key validator but since it's a legacy I would need to make some search to be see what alternative we have for legacy system.

I will come back to you tomorrow if you don't mind (2 am here :)))

Talk to yoou tomorrow.

Many thanks for your patience.

agapotron

Yes, no problem. Thanks for all your help...

SkillUser

Good afternoon. I have the same problem as in this thread, can you help me with a validator? Thank you

Public