EF/E-Series, SANtricity and Related Plug-ins

Head swap from EF280 to EF570

AlexandreOliveira

Hello,

Customer has a EF280 with 90 disks (3 external shelves). He wants to swap the head by an EF570 to increase compute power.

Is there a documentation on how to perform this task?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

donny_lang

I believe the E-Series Controller Upgrade Guide is the documentation that you are looking for. Hope that helps! 

Donny

From what I understood this document shows the procedure to replace only the controller modules. I also found this, https://docs.netapp.com/ess-11/topic/com.netapp.doc.e-cntr-ugr-guide/home.html.

Problem is that EF280 doesn't show up in the upgrade compatibility shown on the upgrade path.

That's why we are looking for the replace the entire controller chassis but I didn´t find any documentation about it.

I think the fastest way to get a definite yes or no is to open a ticket with NetApp.

The documents for ESERIES Controller upgrade are covering information within the same series:
E2800 & EF280
E5700 & EF570

There is no information on upgrade/headswap between EF280 to EF570.

I have a strong feeling this is un-supported (Even though Chassis dimensions & Shelf drive ports seems idential for EF280 & EF570).

Thanks!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public