Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Upgrading PowerShell Toolkit to 9.10.1 broke my scripts.

Sanaman

Hi,

Script was running fine on previous PSTK version so no firewall issues. Today I tested a simple line it can't connect to the cluster in version 9.10.1.

PS C:\Users\sanamn\Scripts> Connect-NcController  <Filer FQDN>
Connect-NcController : Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
At line:1 char:1
+ Connect-NcController <Filer FQDN>
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidResult: (Filer FQDN:NcController) [Connect-NcController], UriFormatException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HttpConnectionFailed,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.ConnectNcController

My OnTap version is 9.9.1p6. Windows 10 enterprise running Powershell version 5.1

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi,

I upgraded the PSTK to 9.10.1.2111 and tested it against an ONTAP 9.8 cluster. PowerShell version: 5.1.19041.1320 on Windows 10. No issues connecting to the cluster via FQDN or IP Address using:

Connect-NcController -Name <cluster> -HTTPS -Credential (Get-Credential -Credential <user>)

Do you get the same error connecting to the cluster from all systems?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

TIKMS

I get the same Error with NetApp.ONTAP 9.10.1.2111.
However, this only happens with NcControllers that return both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address during an nslookup. Maybe Connect-NcController of this Version cannot handle domain name lookups that return more than one ip-address.

Public