Network and Storage Protocols

8.3 C Mode Cifs shared to Windows Server. FTP Setup throuhg IIS

jeffrey_jee

Hello

I have a unique situation and I can't seem to find any forum posts anywhere that describes a solution to my problem. I currently have a lun shared out to a windows server. On the windows server I have an FTp server setup through IIS. I am using a locally configured account on the server (servername\test) to access an ftp directory for file transfer. It is working as expected. I have been tasked with moving that iscsi attached lun to a cifs shared volume for flexibility reasons, (snapmirror to a dr destination) with the ability to easily mount the volume at DR. I created a clone and transferred the contents of the lun using robocopy. I configured ftp through IIS like I normally do but here's where it gets complicated. I can't configure a local server account on the cifs share because the share is technically on the filer. When I configure a domain account and try to login it fails with a 530 error home directory is inaccessible.

1 REPLY 1

Renifa

Hi Jeffrey,

Try the following steps: 

Check that the user's home directory does not contain uppercase letters. If it does, change these to lowercase letters and try again.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public