Network and Storage Protocols

Appling Cifs Share Permissions through System Manager Does not Recognize AD Groups

gibsonc390

I have a odd issue that I am hoping someone can help me with. I am using System Manager 1.1.R1 (1.1.0.464) to apply permissions to a Cifs share which is located in a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain.

Through the System Manager Active Directory search window it only finds user objects but will not display group objects. When I just check groups in the filter settings and click find now no results are displayed. However, I can get results when I select users.

When I open the native active directory snap-in it displays groups and users as expected. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Can you kindly shed some light on what my issues might be?

Thanks you in advance

Chris

1 REPLY 1

AdvUniMD

This is apparently a bug in system manager. It should be fixed in the next version (2.0).

Meanwhile you can use the CLI interface ("cifs access" command) or the computer management MMC plugin (start->run, "compmgmt.msc", right-click your hostname and select "manage other server" or whatever it is called, enter the hostname of your filer and modify your shares there)

-Michael

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public