Network and Storage Protocols

Can't delete folders of with cifs_homedir.cfg

fschafhauser

Hi,

we use NetApp built-in CIFS Homedir functionality to share users home directories. It works very well and is more secure than a normal share.

There is only on issue: I can't delete

This is our configuration in /etc/cifs_homedir.cfg:

/vol/userhome/DOMAIN

Adding a new homedir for a new user is no problem. Just create a directory and give modify permission.

e.g. /vol/userhome/DOMAIN/win-acountname

But when I try to remove this dir I almost always get this messages:

rmdir: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.    

Explorer: Cannot remove folder win-accountname: It is being used by another program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

I verified that there is no file left in this folders and I can't see this folder in "Open Files" from Computer Management.

I already read KB ID: 2010099 and tried

options cifs.oplocks.enable off

but nothing changed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

F

7 REPLIES 7

scottgelb

Is anyone accessing the dynamic cifs share? If you are admin from above it should work but if in the user$ share it could be an issue. Cifs sessions shows any access?

fschafhauser

I can't see any access with:

ssh filer lock status -f |grep account

or

ssh filer cifs sessions |grep account

The users already left the company and I try to delete the directory from a share for Admins and backup: /vol/userhome

Structure is like this:

/vol/userhome/DOMAIN/win-acountname

DOMAIN is a qtree and the account names are ordinary directories. They was used as dynamic shares but no the users in AD are disabled.

Thanks!

ismail_topuz

Finally, have you find a way to delete these folders ? I have exactly the same issue !

Thanks.

hollandwl

Take ownership of the user's folder and replicate it down their folder tree.  You will then be able to delete the user's folder.

ismail_topuz

Hi,

I've allready the Admin right with full access, anyway I have take ownership..., same result:

"Cannot remove folder abc : It is being used by another person or program.Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

Notice that the folder was empty.

bing

what about you just go in through NFS and delete that user's directory?

snagesh

Hi I would suggest trying out these options

1. cifs terminate for the specific user and try deleting the folder

2. Reload the directory path, if client data loss is acceptable

cifs homedir load -f

3. Check if VSCAN or FPolicy is running on the controller

4. Check any preexisting locks and break the locks if present

lock status -f <file/folder> -p cifs

lock break -f <file/folder>

Note: Apart from these there is known issues with credential leak that was causing this problem. The problem is fixed and public report can be seen here: http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=519891

Public