Network and Storage Protocols

Clear CIFS/AD (Group Member - GID) Cache on Netapp 8.3.2

Serge_Hoedts

Hi,

I have been searching for a solution to my little issue without success. Maybe someone here knows the solution.

Question:

I would like to know if there is a way to flush/clear the cache of the group membership (GID) when changing the Primary Group in AD?

Test:

- Changing the Primary group in AD

- Wait ~1min

- FILER::> diag secd authentication show-creds -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -unix-user-name user1

GID: user1 <= Should be project gid 
Supplementary GIDs:
user1 <= Should be project gid

Tried:

diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name ldap-groupname-to-id
diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name ldap-userid-to-creds
diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name ldap-userid-to-name
diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name ldap-username-to-creds
diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name name-to-sid
diag secd cache clear -node FILER-01 -vserver CIFSSRV01 -cache-name sid-to-name

Works:

The only solution that seems to work is to run vserver cifs stop / start

System in running 8.3.2

Regards,

Pierre

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

Could you please try

Clear the caches username-to-info, userid-to-name and nis-group-membership on all the nodes :
::*> diag secd cache clear -node  <node1> -vserver <svm> -cache-name username-to-info
::*> diag secd cache clear -node  <node1> -vserver <svm> -cache-name userid-to-name
::*> diag secd cache clear -node  <node1> -vserver <svm> -cache-name nis-group-membership

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public