Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.
i have a FAS2240 and want to Backup some CIFS-Shares but don't have a NDMP-license.
- NetApp Release 8.1.2RC2 7-Mode
- Backup Exec 2012 - 14.0 1798
- ndmp on the NetApp is disabled
- created a domain account and added this to the administrators group on the NetApp.
- i can browse the CIFS-Shares using \\netapp01\ in Windows Explorer on the Backup Server using the domain account
- after adding the NetApp in BackupExec as FileServer i added the credentials of the domain account as a logon account but always get the error "failed to browse netapp01. a network connection to the server could not be established".
If you want to backup NetApp directly, you need NDMP. It may be possible to map share from NetApp on Windows server and backup this mapped share from this Windows server, but this question is probably better answered on Symantec forums ☺