Network and Storage Protocols

How to create NFS mount for a directory inside a volume

MohitD

Hi,

This might be a basic NFS question. I created a volume "vol_nfs" with junction-path "/vol_nfs". I created directories inside the volume "vol_nfs". How can I export any of these sub directories as a NFS mount? I am on Ontap 9.1.

I know how to create a volume and mount it as NFS. My question here is, can I mount a directory inside a volume and create a mount for that? 

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1

TABER_BRANDEN

If the subdirectories you created are qtrees, and you want a different export policy for each one, then you can use the following command to apply a policy to each individual qtree.

Otherwise, each directory within the volume ,whether it is a qtree or just a folder, will use the export policy of the parent volume.

Unfortunately you can't apply the policy to the qtree in system manager. You would have to use:

qtree modify -vserver *vservername* -volume *volumename* -qtree *qtreename* -export-policy *export_policy_name*

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public