Network and Storage Protocols

Minimum size of the CIFS share!!

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi,

When i was trying to create a cifs share of 10MB using DFM , I got a error that minimum size for the CIFS Share is 16MB.Why it is recommeded to have a minimum of 16MB??

-karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichardSopp

Assuming that the CIFS share you are creating maps to a flex vol – the smallest flexvol size that is possible with ONTAP is 20MB.

Also assuming the default snap reserve of 20% was used in the flex vol you would end up with the 16MB indicated in your post.

If you are looking for something smaller why not create a qtree under a flex vol and just apply a 10MB qtree quota?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RichardSopp

Assuming that the CIFS share you are creating maps to a flex vol – the smallest flexvol size that is possible with ONTAP is 20MB.

Also assuming the default snap reserve of 20% was used in the flex vol you would end up with the 16MB indicated in your post.

If you are looking for something smaller why not create a qtree under a flex vol and just apply a 10MB qtree quota?

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public