Network and Storage Protocols

New-NcLUN vs OCSM Volume Creation - set to iSCSI SAN Storage Type

Ssmartodd

Is there a way to create a new FlexVol using PowerShell Toolkit where the Storage Type is set to SAN (iSCSI) instead of NAS, which creates a JunctionPath which I don't need / want.

I'm trying to script the creation of Vols and LUNs for a massive SQL cluster move.

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ssmartodd

Thank you for confirming that for me - it seemed that was the only way for me to do it

🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

The "New-NcVol" cmdlet will accept a null value for the JunctionPath parameter if you don't need/want a junction path specified during volume creation.

PS H:\> New-NcVol -VserverContext lab-svm01 -Name volume001 -Aggregate aggr1_ssd_n1 -size 1GB -JunctionPath $null
Name                      State       TotalSize  Used  Available Dedupe Aggregate                 Vserver
----                      -----       ---------  ----  --------- ------ ---------                 -------
volume001                 online         1.0 GB    0%   972.6 MB False  aggr1_ssd_n1              lab-svm01

PS H:\> Get-NcVol volume001 | fl JunctionPath
JunctionPath :

Ssmartodd

Thank you for confirming that for me - it seemed that was the only way for me to do it

🙂

Public