Network and Storage Protocols

Not able to access CIFS map shares after transition to C-mode

NAYABSK

Hi All, 

I have performed a simple transition as part of  my testing and i see after transition my CIFS shares were not accessible 

I am able to ping the my NAS SVM but when i try to map it fails 

Note:- I am trying to map shares on to my workstation which is not added in to domain even i have tried from my DNS server itself it failed but i was able to ping SVM's 

Please let me know what all the parameters i need to check for this ?

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NAYABSK

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your help i managed to fix the issue it was due to NIS configuration as NIS is not supported in C-mode, Everytime when i try to map a cifs share the authentication was going to NIS server which was transitioned from my 7-Mode controller and once i have delete the NIS server from the list of domains in the vserver it worked perfectly 🙂

Thanks, 

Nayab

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

georgevj

Please post the relevant error messages from both client and server.

( you may have to look into the latest  /mroot/etc/log/mlog/secd.* file to see this info on the Data ONTAP cluster)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

NAYABSK

How to access /mroot/etc/log/mlog/secd ??

georgevj

Please see the following KB article

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1012580

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

NAYABSK

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your help i managed to fix the issue it was due to NIS configuration as NIS is not supported in C-mode, Everytime when i try to map a cifs share the authentication was going to NIS server which was transitioned from my 7-Mode controller and once i have delete the NIS server from the list of domains in the vserver it worked perfectly 🙂

Thanks, 

Nayab

Public