Network and Storage Protocols

Not able to access CIFS map shares after transition to C-mode

NAYABSK

Hi All, 

I have performed a simple transition as part of  my testing and i see after transition my CIFS shares were not accessible 

I am able to ping the my NAS SVM but when i try to map it fails 

Note:- I am trying to map shares on to my workstation which is not added in to domain even i have tried from my DNS server itself it failed but i was able to ping SVM's 

Please let me know what all the parameters i need to check for this ?

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NAYABSK

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your help i managed to fix the issue it was due to NIS configuration as NIS is not supported in C-mode, Everytime when i try to map a cifs share the authentication was going to NIS server which was transitioned from my 7-Mode controller and once i have delete the NIS server from the list of domains in the vserver it worked perfectly 🙂

Thanks, 

Nayab

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

georgevj

Please post the relevant error messages from both client and server.

( you may have to look into the latest  /mroot/etc/log/mlog/secd.* file to see this info on the Data ONTAP cluster)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

NAYABSK

How to access /mroot/etc/log/mlog/secd ??

georgevj

Please see the following KB article

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1012580

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

NAYABSK

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your help i managed to fix the issue it was due to NIS configuration as NIS is not supported in C-mode, Everytime when i try to map a cifs share the authentication was going to NIS server which was transitioned from my 7-Mode controller and once i have delete the NIS server from the list of domains in the vserver it worked perfectly 🙂

Thanks, 

Nayab

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public