Network and Storage Protocols

Roaming profiles

BONA_BONE1

Hello all,

We have recently installed 2 x NetApp filers in a cluster (FAS2040) (very impressed with them too!!!)

We are in the middle of migrating the bulk of our data from a windows server 2008 machine to CIFS shares on the netapp.

I have Robocopied all the data across and topping it up daily, which is fine, the only issue is with the roaming profiles (around 500 of them),

The first initial copy went OK, but the top ups fail whenever anything new is put in the source with an access denied message. Of course the problem with our roaming profiles is that you cannot access them as the user has to have full ownership.

Adding admin access gives the user a "roaming profile not found" message, I could go to every profile add admin, move folder, then give user permission back but I don't particularly want to go round 500 folders.

Has anyone had any experiences with this?

Thanks

Paul

1 REPLY 1

crocker

This sounds a support related question.  We have external and internal subject matter experts in the NetApp Support Community answering questions about Filers.  If you have an active NetApp Single Sign On (SSO) account login, this link enables you to engage them about this.

Public