Network and Storage Protocols

Robocopy The security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object

StephenJ

Hi

I have a cifs share setup with FULL CONTROL for the user I'm using, and I'm getting this error when trying to use robocopy to copy the permissions

The security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

I've tried a varity of robocopy commands and none work. The one I'm using looks like this

ROBOCOPY /e /b /xj /r:2 /w:5 /v /it /purge /copyall "\\its-fp1old\f$\Magic Fridge" "f:\Fdfs\Magic Fridge" /xd DfsrPrivate .TemporaryItems /xf .ds_store /tee /log:c:\miglogs\Fmagicfridge.log

and it worked going from a windows cifs share to another windows cifs share, but I can't get it to work with a net app cifs share.Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Sahana

Hi,

Try changing the permissions on the source so it is resolved on the destination.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mazzucconi

@StephenJ wrote:

Hi

I have a cifs share setup with FULL CONTROL for the user I'm using, and I'm getting this error when trying to use robocopy to copy the permissions

The security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

I've tried a varity of robocopy commands and none work. The one I'm using looks like this

ROBOCOPY /e /b /xj /r:2 /w:5 /v /it /purge /copyall "\\its-fp1old\f$\Magic Fridge" "f:\Fdfs\Magic Fridge" /xd DfsrPrivate .TemporaryItems /xf .ds_store /tee /log:c:\miglogs\Fmagicfridge.log

and it worked going from a windows cifs share to another windows cifs share, but I can't get it to work with a net app cifs share.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have the same problem, does anybody have already solved it?

Thank you,

M

Bibinraj

Make sure the account you are using for robocopy has permission in SVM level.  

Add the user account to to the administrative group under SVM windows user settings then try again

sbmmiller

I have the same issue. Has anyone solved? The issue is it wont copy the owner over from one system to the next. Example:

FAS01\Administrator will not copy over to FAS02. If I try to change ownership to FAS02\Administrator, I get the same error as with Robocopy. 

Public