Network and Storage Protocols

The account is not authorized to log in from this station

FROMBEHIND

I am trying to Install the Data On Tap OS on a FAS 270 filer, however, it is not allowing me access to itself with the error message "The account is not authorized to log in from this station" This is what I got when I was using CIFS to try to access it locally. The same thing is happening after the filer has been joined to a domain and it still does not let anyone log in.

Ive seen some posts here with people having similar issues - but no resolutions... My guess is some level of added IP security in the Net App is causing problems here - is there any way to turn that stuff off?

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FROMBEHIND

Thanks for your help 😃

It ended up being a combination of jacked-up Cifs share permissions and somehow the whole Vol0 was "read only"

after that was fixed, we were able to map C$ and install DataONtap

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

Could you explain what exactly “using CIFS to try to access it locally” means? Showing exact command and its output is always useful.

FROMBEHIND

Oh yes, what I meant by that was going into "map network drive in windows" and attempting to map \\"Filer's IP Address"\C$

Selecting "use diferent credentials"

And typing either filername\local account + its password, or domain\domain admin account + password will result in a windows popup that says: "The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

Deliberately mistyping the account name or password instead results in an "invalid username or password" error.

This happened before we had the filer on the domain, and it is still happening after.

aborzenkov

Common reason is mandatory SMB signing on client side which may be required by your local domain policies. Try to enable it on filer:

options cifs.signing.enable on

Otherwise this really requires more deep troubleshooting. Using network tracing is often the fastest way to do it.

FROMBEHIND

Thanks for your help 😃

It ended up being a combination of jacked-up Cifs share permissions and somehow the whole Vol0 was "read only"

after that was fixed, we were able to map C$ and install DataONtap

Public