Network and Storage Protocols

XCP 1.4 permission problem

paultnguyen

I’ve been struggling with this problem and couldn't figure it out why.

I ‘m working on data migration from a NetApp (old NetApp) running on 7-mode to another NetApp (new NetApp) running on ONTAP 9.6

On old NetApp, the /etc/exports:

“..

/vol/vol_b_nfs01        -sec=sys,rw=192.168.23.182,root=@repoadm,nosuid

“ where 192.168.23.182 is the IP of my Linux XCP server. The IP is also in @repoadmin group too.

I did “xcp scan <old NetApp IP>:/vol/vol_b_nfs01” .

In the output, I have several error with “permission denied”.

For instance:

“xcp 2019-10-23 20:11:41 rd '<old NetApp IP>:/vol/vol_b_nfs07/users/1031702/.gconfd' fileid 6062828 ERROR: nfs3 READDIRPLUS '<old NetApp IP>:/vol/vol_b_nfs07/users/1031702/.gconfd' cookie 0 maxcount 65536: nfs3 error 13: permission denied”

When I mounted the volume and did the listing, I noticed, those gave me “permission denied” don't have  read permission for others , and I did have permission denied when I tried to read them,  although the owner& group is root and I logged in as root and the permission to read is set for both owner + group.

It means somehow, the NetApp didn’t recognize root user on XCP server (I ran xcp scan as root)

Anyone seen this before?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paultnguyen

Figured it out. I explicitly put the IP of XCP server in "root=" rather than the netgroup @repoadm.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

paultnguyen

Figured it out. I explicitly put the IP of XCP server in "root=" rather than the netgroup @repoadm.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public