Network and Storage Protocols

XCP Sync without copy

PatrickR

Hello, I recently performed a 'Copy'  with XCP it completed successfully.  Our Unix admin ask me to change the junction-path for the destination volume.  For example: During the copy the path was /export/test123 after the copy I changed it to /test123.  My question is can I perform a 'Sync' to this new mount point or do I have to perform a fresh copy?  Can 'sync' be used for a src & dst without ever running 'Copy'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Yes, tools such xcp, rsync, robocopy don’t keep information about the objects they’ve copied, just comparing the attributes between the individual objects on the SRC and DST.

feel free to change junction points, volume names, folder names, qtree names, dns names etc.... 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GidonMarcus

Yes, tools such xcp, rsync, robocopy don’t keep information about the objects they’ve copied, just comparing the attributes between the individual objects on the SRC and DST.

feel free to change junction points, volume names, folder names, qtree names, dns names etc.... 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

PatrickR

Thank you.

Public