Network and Storage Protocols

cDot 8.3.2 CIFS machine account access

NetappNewb

Hey Guys,

I currently migrated from 7-mode to Clustermode and I am running into some CIFS issues. On the 7-mode box, I joined the vfiler to AD and then ran: cifs access SHARE -m to allow the machine account access to the shares with no problem. The customers application is set to where the member servers of the domain use machine account: SYSTEM in a batch file ran at bootup to persistenly map the drives. The issue I am having is that is is asking for a password for SYSTEM when it tries to map. This didnt happen in 7-mode and I've yet to find the cDOT mode variation. I can connect to the shares using other domain accounts and I went ahead and added SYSTEM with full control to the shares with no luck. With SYSTEM being a local account and not a domain account I imagine this could be causing some issues? I have a ticket open with Netapp but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

hariprak

Hi,

For Clustered DataONTAP 8.3 File access management guide for CIFS refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1610207

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public