ONTAP Hardware

ADP Can be configured on FAS8020 with SAS disk shelf

siddarajugc

Hi All,

We have FAS8020 (2controllers) with oneDS246 disk shelf and one DS4246 Disk shelf and 4 SSD's.

ADP can be configured on this platform?

Please give your valuable feedback in urgent basis.

Thanks,

Siddaraju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

For FAS8000 ADP is only for All Flash.  You can create StoragePools for FlashPool if using hybrid aggregates though...but root volume partitioning is not available on 8000 right now if you have HDD (SAS and SATA).  FAS2500 does however allow it for HDD.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amayacitta

I've configured it successfully on 2552 platforms and as far as I understand it ADP is only supported on FAS2XXX platforms unless its AFF in which case it is also supported on 8000, 6000, 3000 series

Would be nice if they introduced the feature to all platforms as it saves lots and lots of space!

Here is a nice article on ADP - http://www.datacenterdan.com/blog/netapp-dataontap-83-adp-root-disk-slice-deep-dive

unixnation

I'd also very much like to see ADP available across the range. It's quite expensive without it if you've got a filer with say 6T disks and it's only going to get worse for systems focusing on capacity.

Cheers,

Steve

scottgelb

For FAS8000 ADP is only for All Flash.  You can create StoragePools for FlashPool if using hybrid aggregates though...but root volume partitioning is not available on 8000 right now if you have HDD (SAS and SATA).  FAS2500 does however allow it for HDD.

SEIMTEXTER

7 and a half years later, this just saved me a ton of work!  Would be awfully nice of the system to just ... say that, instead of failing in a multitude of ways.

Public