ONTAP Hardware

AFF A200 Disappearing ports

SAOhioDatacenter

I have 3 ports missing that I had been able to access prior to today. CIRSAN-01 e0d and CIRSAN-02 e0c and e0d are not longer displaying:

Node: CIRSAN-01
                                                  Speed(Mbps) Health
Port      IPspace      Broadcast Domain Link MTU  Admin/Oper  Status
--------- ------------ ---------------- ---- ---- ----------- --------
e0M       Default      Default          up   1500  auto/1000  healthy
e0a       Cluster      Cluster          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0b       Default      Default          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0c       Default      Default          -       -  auto/-     -
e0e       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
e0f       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -

Node: CIRSAN-02
                                                  Speed(Mbps) Health
Port      IPspace      Broadcast Domain Link MTU  Admin/Oper  Status
--------- ------------ ---------------- ---- ---- ----------- --------
e0M       Default      Default          up   1500  auto/1000  healthy
e0a       Cluster      Cluster          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0b       Default      Default          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0e       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
e0f       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
11 entries were displayed.

None of these ports are phyically connected but with them missing I'm getting and error on my default broadcast domain,

I was able to do an -up-admin false and -up-admin true command on these ports before they dissapeared as an example, but now get a message "entry doesn't exist" when specifiying those ports on any command.

I'm searching for any command and steps to re-add them but haven't had any success with anything I've found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kahuna

please provide the output of 'ucadmin show' [node shell]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kahuna

Wed Feb 14 12:57:07 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_work_thread_0: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.inserted:info]: An SFP was inserted into FC target adapter 0c.
Wed Feb 14 12:57:07 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_thread_2: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.invalid:error]: The SFP in FC adapter 0c is not valid. (speed/encoding mismatch - adapter supports 10 Gbit/Sec speeds but inserted SFP supports 2, 4, 8 Gbit/Sec)
Wed Feb 14 12:57:08 UTC [CIRSAN-01: ltm_services: netif.sfpNotSupported:error]: The SFP+ or QSFP+ module (unknown ) installed in e0c is not supported with this network interface.

Wed Feb 14 13:34:09 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_work_thread_0: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.inserted:info]: An SFP was inserted into FC target adapter 0d.
Wed Feb 14 13:34:09 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_thread_3: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.invalid:error]: The SFP in FC adapter 0d is not valid. (speed/encoding mismatch - adapter supports 10 Gbit/Sec speeds but inserted SFP supports 2, 4, 8 Gbit/Sec)
Wed Feb 14 13:34:10 UTC [CIRSAN-01: ltm_services: netif.sfpNotSupported:error]: The SFP+ or QSFP+ module (unknown ) installed in e0d is not supported with this network interface.

kahuna

please provide the output of 'ucadmin show' [node shell]

View solution in original post

SAOhioDatacenter

The "ucadmin show" showed them as FC ports - they were changed without being noted. I changed them back and took the one in the default domain cluster out of the cluster so I could continue what I was wokring on. Thanks.

AlexDawson

I've seen port ASICs fail a few times, but since this is both controllers and not just a matched pair, it's probably software.

Due to the caution needed around troubleshooting, I would say that calling our support center is the right approach to take. Numbers are listed here - https://www.netapp.com/us/contact-us/support.aspx - or you can open a case via support.netapp.com and save time for the initial call.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public