ONTAP Hardware

Can someone tell me what the WAFL_Ex process means, it is @ 180% on my filer (sysstat -M)

TOMASYAWORKS

Can anyone tell me what the WAFL_Ex is when i read the output of the sysstat -M output is WAFL_Ex = 170 and (Kahu) 89%

Is there a good manual about the -M mode, cant find it.

4 REPLIES 4

hariprak

Hi,

WAFL_ex represents parallel WAFL processing while Kahuna represents serial WAFL processing. These two logical domains are mutually exclusive, meaning either Kahuna can be active on 1 CPU, or WAFL_ex can be active on 1+ CPUs, but both Kahuna and WAFL_Ex cannot be active at the same time. Depending on the workload, it is possible for Kahuna to limit the amount of work that can be performed by WAFL_ex. It is important to note that this type of bottleneck is a simple variation on the previous condition.

For more details you can refer KB article https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3014084&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1416471937172

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

martin_fisher

Hi - Have you read this thread here:

https://communities.netapp.com/thread/22448

Tnx Martin, i did read it, but it is not answering my question, what does Wafl_ex en why is it at 180%.

They seem to have the same problem, but the bug is fixed in 8.2 GA, which i am running. Scrub is not completed, but suspended right now.

Tomas

Marcfe

Hello TOMASYAWORKS,

did you find a solution to this problem? Seems that we have the sam Problem with one of our customers: slow ndmp to tape, high WAFL_Ex and suspended aggr scrubs

Thank you

Marc

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public