ONTAP Hardware

Cluster two FAS 2552 with two controllers each

KIngstone

Hi, is it possible to jhave a switchless cluster of two FAS 2552 that have two controllers each? That means a cluster contraining 4 controllers in total.

And what's the maximum DS 2246 shelves filled with 1.2TB SAS drives can a FAS 2552 take?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

You need some kind of switch  between the two HA pairs to make a 4 node.   The NetApp CN1610 is the standard for a cluster that size.  

The 2552 can take a total of 144 drives and up to 1468.8 TB of RAW capacity.  per HA pair.   

So you can have 144 drives in 6 (1 interna + 5 external). So.. if my quick math is correct,  with 1.2TB drives you'd be maxed out at 5  (1 internal + 4 external).  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SpindleNinja

You need some kind of switch  between the two HA pairs to make a 4 node.   The NetApp CN1610 is the standard for a cluster that size.  

The 2552 can take a total of 144 drives and up to 1468.8 TB of RAW capacity.  per HA pair.   

So you can have 144 drives in 6 (1 interna + 5 external). So.. if my quick math is correct,  with 1.2TB drives you'd be maxed out at 5  (1 internal + 4 external).  

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public