ONTAP Hardware

FAS/AFF - UTA2 ports to support 10GB SFP+ RJ45 (10GBase-T) - CISCO Transceivers SFP-10G-T-X

Marius_Vasile

Hi Guys,

Does anyone tested 10GB SFP+ RJ45 (10GBase-T) transceivers on FAS/AFF machines - on board or mezzanine ports?

I found a PN from CISCO (PN: SFP-10G-T-X ) that might work, but not in HWU.

I know that NetApp is offering Twinax/DAC cables from CISCO, and I am thinking that these transceivers would work nicely on NetApp machines.

Any compatibility is welcome

Thank you for feedback and advice

Marius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marius_Vasile

Hi H,

Thank you for info.

Basically I rise the question to community, if any experiences with 10GBase-T SFP+ on FAS/AFF. 

NetApp does not have in HWU any supported.

I made a parallel between CISCO cables which are supported in HWU with Cisco SFP+ Tranceivers.

All the best and thank you for reply

M

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

You can check compatibility for cable and transceiver through our HWU: https://hwu.netapp.com/

If the part is not listed there, most likely it was not tested. If you have an active account you can reach out to your Sale Rep and request to have that specific cable/SFP tested with a specific platform for confirmation.

Thanks 

Marius_Vasile

Hi H,

Thank you for info.

Basically I rise the question to community, if any experiences with 10GBase-T SFP+ on FAS/AFF. 

NetApp does not have in HWU any supported.

I made a parallel between CISCO cables which are supported in HWU with Cisco SFP+ Tranceivers.

All the best and thank you for reply

M

Public