Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

ONTAP Hardware

FAS2020 FC Port and license questions

shadowmaster

Hi,

for some learning on small san boxes I wanted to buy an FAS2020 - I found one with some warranty,preformatted discs,  2x 4GB FC port and 2x ethernet

It comes with these licenses:

CIFS

FCP

HTTP

iSCSI

NFS

SNAPLOCK

SV_Applications_Pri

SyncMirror local

First question - does these licenses allow me to use the integrated ethernet port too for iSCSI, CIFS and NFS? I learned that FCP is the licese for the FC port.

second question: what type of port has this device? IS this FC or SFP+? Pls have a look at the attached image.

Until now I haven't touched such a device, my biggest NAS solution is a Synology DS414 at home... so forgive me with Netapp I am a newbie....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

hwu.netapp.com is a good place to look up what's what physically on the systems.   

#1 - Yes. 

#2 - 0a 0b are the FC ports (check hwu!)  and show to be compatiable with sfp - X6539-R6 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SpindleNinja

hwu.netapp.com is a good place to look up what's what physically on the systems.   

#1 - Yes. 

#2 - 0a 0b are the FC ports (check hwu!)  and show to be compatiable with sfp - X6539-R6 

View solution in original post

shadowmaster

and on hwu.nwtapp.com i cant go because I actually havent the rights yet... I will buy and register only when I know that I can use it

SpindleNinja

buy support?   There's no getting NetApp support on a 20xx box anymore. 

I've mentioned the part # it's a SFP -> LC connector.   

andris

Since we're nice folks here,  the X6359-R6 SFP part will have one of the following numbers on the label.

332-00333,
AFBR-57R6APZ-NA1,
AFBR-57R6APZ-NA2,
FTLF8524P2BNV-(N1)

Sergey_Osipov

Here is link to documentation about this model

https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=30324&language=en-US&archive=true

you can find all information there 

the documentation says it is "fibre channel"  but not the connector type...

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public